The 2022 World Cup in Qatar is underway. To start things off, Qatar took on Ecuador in front of their home crowd but walked away with a 2-0 loss, thanks to two goals from Enner Valencia, which put Ecuador in the Group A driver’s seat. As Qatar’s home crowd left the game early – many before halftime, the fans of Ecuador could be heard chanting, “We want beer!”
Today’s schedule looks like this:
- England vs Iran – 8am ET on FS1
- Senegal vs. Netherlands – 11 am ET on FOX
- United States vs. Wales – 1 pm CT on FOX
In other World Cup news:
- French striker Karim Benzema will miss the entire tournament after suffering a thigh injury while training over the weekend.
- There was reported chaos around the Al Bidda FIFA Fan Zone when overcrowding, which forced security to shut down fan access.
- Harry Kane, of Team England, as committed to risking a yellow card by wearing a “One Love” armband as a symbol of diversity. Nine nations have agreed to sport the armbands as a statement against “Qatar’s human rights record.”
- Experts at Sporting News are split on who they’re favoring to win it all, with Brazil and Argentina getting the most love.
To keep track of standings and the schedule, CLICK HERE.
Read More HERE