It's been a wild ride for this movie, but Don't Worry Darling is out in theaters today. Olivia Wilde directed the psychological thriller which stars Florence Pugh and Harry Styles. Wilde also has a supporting role in the film. Cosmopolitan has a pretty complete outline of the drama, but some of the highlights include...
- the end of Wilde's marriage to Jason Sudeikis after meeting Styles during the making of the film
- reports of on-set drama that seemed to stem from the fact Wilde and Styles got together on-set before her marriage ended
- word that Florence Pugh was not happy with this
- Pugh and Wilde appearing to argue in the press with dueling/opposing comments about sex scenes in the movie
- drama with Shia LeBeouf who was originally cast in the Harry Styles role (he says he left, Wilde says he was fired)
- Florence Pugh seemingly refusing to post about Don't Worry Darling on social media
- news that Pugh would be limiting her Don't Worry Darling press to just one appearance at the Venice Film Festival
- Pugh actually skipping the press day mentioned above and just coming to attend a premiere for the movie
- weird video that seemed to show Styles spitting on co-star Chris Pine at the Venice Film Festival
- Pugh not making eye contact with Wilde during a 4-minute standing ovation the crowd gave the film
We're leaving out a lot, but you get it. Anyway, here are some pics of the two leading ladies of this bizarre saga...
This 26-year-old English actress is best known for her roles in Midsommar, Little Women, and her first two MCU projects Black Widow and Hawkeye. Pugh takes over the mantle of Black Widow as Yelena Belova, the sister of Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanov. Her upcoming projects include Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer and Marvel's Thunderbolts.
Wilde (38) is best known for her acting in the long-running medical drama House, starring in Tron: Legacy and Cowboys & Aliens, and directing 2019's Booksmart. Her upcoming work includes co-starring with Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt in Babylon and directing a movie about Olympic gymnast Kerri Strug.
As a little bonus, here's the lovely (and drama-free) Gemma Chan. She's also in Don't Worry Darling. You know her from Crazy Rich Asians and Marvel's Eternals.