1. Pizza Sent 2,300 Americans to the Emergency Room Last Year
We love pizza so much, why must it hurt us so?
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, approximately 2,300 Americans went to the emergency room last year because of PIZZA.
Here are the four main types of pizza injuries:
1. Bad cuts that happened when you're cutting it.
3. Falling while you're making it.
4. Falling while you're picking it up from a restaurant.
The report also put a special focus on one 58-year-old guy, who went to the emergency room after he fell out of his bed reaching for some pizza.
2. Applebee’s is Celebrating Oktoberfest With $2 Oktoberfest Beers
For the Whole Month of September
3. Wendy's is running a deal through their app
this month where every order comes with a free burger.
4. The company that makes Carlsberg beer
is ditching those plastic rings that hold six-packs together. They figured out a way to GLUE the cans together instead.
5. Here's Why You Crave Certain Foods When You're Hung Over
If you're hung over from football yesterday, this is why you're probably craving salty, fatty foods today.
Alcohol does a number on your body and makes you dehydrated. But it also depletes your body of other things. Here are three things you crave when you're hung over, and why your body wants them:
1. Salt. You crave it because you're dehydrated. Which doesn't just mean you're low on water. It also means you're low on electrolytes. And sodium is an important electrolyte. Without it, you'd die. So salty stuff helps with a hangover.
2. Meat and eggs. They're loaded with an amino acid called cysteine that helps your liver break down the toxic byproducts of alcohol. Those toxins are the reason you feel sweaty and nauseous after you've been drinking.
3. Carbs. Alcohol makes your blood sugar plummet, and carbs bring it back up. But ONLY eating carbs isn't a good idea, because it'll just plummet again later on. Protein WITH it helps make sure your body doesn't absorb the sugar in carbs all at once.