1. Taco Bell is testing some new menu items,
including a spicy one called "Reaper Ranch Fries" that use the world's hottest pepper.
Starting today, @tacobell is testing new spicy Rattlesnake Fries and super spicy Reaper Ranch Fries in #Columbus & #Cincinnati only. https://t.co/q6ouZZfoMJ— NBC4 Columbus (@nbc4i) August 16, 2018
BTW, the Reaper Ranch Fries have a sauce made from Carolina Reapers, the world's hottest pepper. 😲🌶️ pic.twitter.com/uVQ9PQIcH9
2. The New #TiptheBillChallenge Has People Tipping Their Waiters 100%
3. The Iowa State Fair has a new item called "cookie dough spaghetti."
4. This Sunday is National Potato Day and Less Than 1% of Us Hate French Fries, Plus More Facts for National Potato Day
A new survey asked people about our unwavering LOVE for French fries and potato chips.
According to the results less than 1% of us DON'T like fries. Out of 1,000 people surveyed, only EIGHT said they don't like them. So that's 0.8%.
Overall, people said curly fries are their favorite type of fry, followed by standard cut, waffle fries, potato wedges, sweet potato fries, crinkle cut way down in 6th place, shoestring fries and tater tots.
Here are three more results from the survey:
1. McDonald's still has our favorite fast food fries with 34% of the vote. Arby's is second with 13% . . . Five Guys, just over 10% . . . Chick-fil-A, 10% and Wendy's barely beat Burger King for fifth place. They both got about 9% of the vote.
2. Our favorite brand of potato chips is Lay's with 33% of the vote, followed by Pringles, 19% and Ruffles, 18%.
3. Fries are our favorite way to eat potatoes, but just barely. Mashed potatoes were a close second, followed by baked potatoes, hash browns, and potato salad.