1. According to a neuropsychologist named Don Katz,
even though it seems unbelievable, all Skittles are the same flavor a generic "fruit" taste.
So why do we THINK they taste different? It's because our brains associate their colors with certain taste we KNOW yellow is supposed to mean lemon, so we THINK yellow tastes like lemon.
And there's more. Skittles are SCENTED too. So when you bite that yellow Skittle, your brain sees the color, smells the smell, and you believe you're eating a lemon flavor.
So why don't they make each one the actual flavor? Katz says, quote, "It's cheaper to make things smell and look different than it is to make them actually taste different."
2. Today is National Popcorn Day.
And according to a recent survey, 92% of us enjoy popcorn, or at least don't hate it.
Here are the ten most popular popcorn flavors:
1. Classic butter and salt. 31% of people said it's their favorite way to eat popcorn.
2. White cheddar, 16%.
3. Caramel corn, also 16%.
4. Kettle corn, 15%. Women were 30% more likely to say they liked it than men.
5. Regular cheddar, 11%. So if you combine that with white cheddar, it's really 27%.
6. Garlic, 3%.
7. "Turtle" popcorn. That's popcorn covered with chocolate, 3%.
8. Plain. Only 2% of people said they prefer popcorn with nothing on it.
9. Red velvet, 1%. A couple different brands sell a red velvet flavor. Apparently some people are big fans.
10. "Zebra" popcorn, 1%. It's kind of like "turtle" popcorn, but has chocolate AND white chocolate drizzled on top.
3. There's a New Whiskey and Tequila Combo Liquor on Sale
Do you want the sophistication of sipping whiskey, without giving up the bad choice party atmosphere that comes from blasting shots of tequila? Well now, you don't have to choose.
There's a new liquor out that's a COMBO of whiskey and tequila. And it's made by "Penthouse" yes, the magazine people. Apparently they have a "spirits" division. And apparently that spirits division is filled with mad scientists mashing up liquors.
Anyway, you'll be able to find the stuff in stores now, at least to see what it tastes like.
4. Bud Light Has a New Dilly Dilly Commercial
That Will Air During Sunday’s AFC and NFC Championship Games