It's Friday the 13th! Are you feeling nervous? If so, you're not alone. Around one in five people are with you on that. Here's a quick round-up of Friday the 13th nonsense . . .
1. A recent poll found 19% of us think Friday the 13th really is bad luck. So almost one in five people are true believers.
2. 26% overall say there's at least one thing in life they're superstitious about. 21% think breaking a mirror or walking under a ladder can cause bad luck. Opening an umbrella indoors, 19% . . . black cats, 15% . . . the 13th floor of a building, 13% . . . and stepping on a crack, 12%.
3. We'll have two Friday the 13th's this year. The next one is in October. Fun fact: There's always at least one per year, but never more than three. The next time we'll have three is in 2026.
4. The word for a fear of Friday the 13th is impossible to pronounce and 23 letters long: "Paraskevidekatriaphobia" (Pair-uh-skevvy-decka-try-uh-phobia).
5. If you're not superstitious, it's a good day to fly. According to Kayak.com, Friday the 13th plane tickets tend to be cheaper, because no one wants to cruise around at 30,000 feet today.
A study in 2013 found it's actually a safer day to fly than average. That said, the plane crash from the movie "Alive" happened on a Friday the 13th in 1972.
6. If you don't care about bad luck, and you're just hungry: Wendy's is giving out free French fries today with any order. You just have to order online.
They're calling it their "FRY-day the 13th" deal. But it's available tomorrow too, and every day for the next week.