Have you ever aspired to make a fool of yourself on national television?
The secrets to becoming a reality TV star are here, thanks to Mike Lush, a casting director who's worked on MTV's "Real World" and other shows.
He said, quote, "The biggest thing is showing me that you have big energy and that you're a big personality . . . If you need to take a shot, grab a cup of coffee or go for a run, do whatever you can to get your energy up."
Here are Mike's six tips to nail your audition:
1. Toot your own horn . . . Don't be afraid to brag about yourself because nothing is off-limits in the casting interview.
2. Be specific . . . When you're being asked, for example, if you're competitive, then talk about a time you went to "crazy lengths" to win something.
3. Crying is cool . . . It's okay to be vulnerable. Showing emotion shows that you're a real and relatable person.
4. Diversity is ideal . . . It's important to see diversity in the cast to learn about different struggles from people who come from different backgrounds.
5. Dress and plan to impress . . . Be camera-ready and be sure to be in a private space for your interview and away from any distractions.
6. Stay connected . . . Keep up-to-date on your social media and follow the casting directors to see which shows they're casting. Also, answer your phone, or the director will move on to the next person.
Read More HERE
Photo: Getty Images