1. Florence Has Weakened to a Category 1 Hurricane
While About to Make Landfall Off the Carolina Coast
2. More Than 365,000 Already Without Power Due to Florence
3. "The Washington Post" is keeping track of all the hoaxes
about Hurricane Florence that are popping up online like that live sharks are washing ashore, and that your valuables can't get wet in a flood if you put them in the dishwasher.
3. Did Jimmy Buffett Really Go Surfing in South Carolina Yesterday?
JIMMY BUFFETT posted a picture of himself on a beach in South Carolina, with lyrics from his song "Surfing in a Hurricane". It may have been a joke, because he also said, quote, "On a serious note: Respect mother nature, please be safe and listen to your local authorities."
4. The Braves Are Offering Free Tickets and Discounted Food to Hurricane Florence Evacuees
5. Anheuser-Busch Has Stopped Brewing Beer
to Can 300,000 Cans of Water to Send for Hurricane Relief in the Carolinas