1. Florence Has Weakened to a Category 1 Hurricane
While About to Make Landfall Off the Carolina Coast
“My cord just literally split in two… some duct tape might be helpful,” says CNN’s @JohnBerman, in Wilmington.— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) September 14, 2018
Hurricane Florence continues to deliver ferocious winds and torrential rain along the Carolina coast.
Watch: https://t.co/uR4EHLFqrp pic.twitter.com/UU439fPlNw
2. More Than 365,000 Already Without Power Due to Florence
Hurricane Florence has knocked out power to more than 300,000 customers in North Carolina, according to the North Carolina Department of Emergency Management— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) September 14, 2018
Follow live storm updates: https://t.co/nXPlQ16bjr
Watch live on CNN: https://t.co/uR4EHLX1PZ pic.twitter.com/NN9lW8oiC8
3. "The Washington Post" is keeping track of all the hoaxes
about Hurricane Florence that are popping up online like that live sharks are washing ashore, and that your valuables can't get wet in a flood if you put them in the dishwasher.
No, Hurricane Florence does not contain sharks https://t.co/bPid2QOCaP— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) September 13, 2018
3. Did Jimmy Buffett Really Go Surfing in South Carolina Yesterday?
JIMMY BUFFETT posted a picture of himself on a beach in South Carolina, with lyrics from his song "Surfing in a Hurricane". It may have been a joke, because he also said, quote, "On a serious note: Respect mother nature, please be safe and listen to your local authorities."
4. The Braves Are Offering Free Tickets and Discounted Food to Hurricane Florence Evacuees
5. Anheuser-Busch Has Stopped Brewing Beer
to Can 300,000 Cans of Water to Send for Hurricane Relief in the Carolinas