1. Today is National Video Games Day.
And a new survey asked people to name the best video game franchise of all time. And there was a CLEAR winner.
Almost 50% of people in the survey voted for the "Super Mario Brothers" franchise. People could vote for multiple games, so the percentages don't add up to 100.
But here are the top ten video game franchises of all time, according to the survey:
1. "Super Mario Brothers", 47% of people voted for it.
2. "Call of Duty", 21%.
3. "Donkey Kong", 19%.
4. "Grand Theft Auto", 19%.
5. "Pokémon", 16%.
6. "Zelda", 13%.
7. "Sonic the Hedgehog", 13%.
8. "Final Fantasy", 9%.
9. "Halo", 9%.
10. "Crash Bandicoot", 7%.
31% of people in the survey said they play video games every day 41% play phone games WHILE watching TV, 39% play in bed and 34% kill time playing games on the toilet.
2. New study says nearly 70% of Americans play video games, Mostly on Smartphones
Nearly 70 Percent of Americans Play Video Games, Mostly on Smartphones (Study) https://t.co/1djNw3sIju— Variety (@Variety) September 11, 2018
3. A Guy Got His Marriage Proposal Into the New "Spider-Man" Video Game But His Girlfriend Dumped Him Right Before It Came Out
A guy in Florida tweeted the developers of the new "Spider-Man" video game in May and got them to sneak a MARRIAGE PROPOSAL from him to his girlfriend in the game. It came out last week but it turns out his girlfriend DUMPED him last month.
Remember the guy who wanted to propose to his girlfriend and wanted a cool way to do it? He asked @insomniacgames to put it anywhere in #SpiderManPS4 and they actually did it! Amazing! pic.twitter.com/y1UBAbKEsj— B (@bradgame64) September 9, 2018
4. How to take a selfie in Spider-Man PS4