1. Imagine Dragons Won Best "Rock" Video For "Whatever It Takes" at the VMAs
2. Fans Were Surprised When Liam Gallagher Randomly Showed Up to a Pub in the UK on Sunday
3. We've all heard the song "Closing Time" in hundreds of different bars at the end of the night
but it's not about bars. Semisonic's lead singer Dan Wilson says he wrote the song about childbirth, when his wife was about to have a baby but he DISGUISED it so that his band wouldn't freak out that he was writing cheesy new-dad songs.
4. KORN Members, Former Manager Comment On Death Of JONATHAN DAVIS's Wife
5. The Eagles' "Greatest Hits" Has Overtaken Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to Become the Best-Selling Album of All Time
If you're a big bar trivia person, you probably know that the best-selling album of all time is MICHAEL JACKSON's "Thriller". Well, that's no longer the case.
Yesterday, the Recording Industry Association of America announced that the EAGLES' "Greatest Hits 1971-1975" was certified 38-TIMES PLATINUM, and has overtaken the #1 spot. That's 38 million in sales.
That Eagles album was #1 for most of the early 2000s, until "Thriller" surpassed it after Michael's death in 2009.
"Thriller" is now in second place, at 33-times platinum, and "Hotel California" also by the Eagles is in third at 26-times platinum.
If you're wondering how the Eagles can suddenly have a lead of over 5 million in sales over Michael, it's because the RIAA doesn't calculate individual album sales often. In fact, they last updated the Eagles "Greatest Hits" in 2006, when it was certified 29-times platinum.
The numbers for "Thriller" are still fairly accurate. They last tallied the sales for that album last year.
You can find more on that, here.
The Eagles' greatest hits album has moonwalked past Michael Jackson's "Thriller" to become history's best-selling album of all-time. https://t.co/19uJO5Zd1t— The Associated Press (@AP) August 20, 2018
6. If you've always wanted to hear two Orthodox Christian monks
from a monastery in Serbia play the Iron Maiden song "Wasting Love" you're in luck.
7. Madonna is Getting Criticized for Making Tribute to Aretha Franklin at VMAs All About Herself
8. Ultimate Classic Rock just put out a ranking of every Led Zeppelin song,
from worst to best. Best was "Stairway to Heaven", no surprise the worst was a weird bonus track from the "Presence" reissue called "10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod". It doesn't sound anything like Zeppelin it sounds more like it belongs in an '80s soap opera.
9. TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA
announced its 20th anniversary Ghosts of Christmas Eve tour. It'll be their second tour without founder PAUL O'NEIL, who died in 2017.