1. Neil Diamond Has Parkinson's, So He's Retiring from Touring
NEIL DIAMOND has canceled his upcoming tour and announced that he's retiring from the road, because he was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. He added, quote, "I plan to remain active in writing, recording, and other projects for a long time to come."
2. Slayer Has Announced a "Final" World Tour
SLAYER is apparently preparing to HANG IT UP for good. They announced a FINAL world tour in a video that was released yesterday.
It said, quote, "The end of days is near, Slayer [will] make its exit with one, final world tour. Tour dates coming." A later release listed Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, and Testament as planned opening acts. There are no further details.
The band still has two original members: Singer and bassist Tom Araya and guitarist Kerry King. Drummer Dave Lombardo has left the band on at least three different occasions, and hasn't played with them since 2013. That's also the year that guitarist Jeff Hanneman died of alcohol-related liver failure.
3. A fan ran up onstage during the Foo Fighters show in Australia on Saturday night,
and Dave Grohl just torched him in front of everybody. But he did it in a very cool Dave Grohl-type way.
He asks the guy his name, and then calls him by name and says, quote, "Get the [eff] off my stage!" And then he dedicates the rest of the song to him.
WARNING: Uncensored profanity
4. KID ROCK donated money he earned
from his fake Senate campaign merchandise to a voter registration group.
5. D'ARCY WRETZKY would have been a part of the current
SMASHING PUMPKINS reunion if someone had asked her.
6. This is a sad day for music: MACAULAY CULKIN
says his band THE PIZZA UNDERGROUND is no more.
7. Joan Jett talked about the future of rock in a recent interview,
while she was promoting her new documentary "Bad Reputation".
She says rock will never be dead, even if it's dead on the radio.