Quick note... this uses privilege to mean an advantage of belonging to a certain group.
Another quick note... this list is complete crap. You can see the whole thing at Thought Catalog.
BRING ON THE BULLSH*T...
1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they’re automatically afraid of you.
3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.
Hahahaha... yes, because women who have sex with multiple partners aren't judged at all.
8. Female privilege is never being told to “take it like a man” or “man up.”
That's right, women are never told how to act. Ever.
13. Female privilege is not having to take your career seriously because you can depend on marrying someone who makes more money than you do. Female privilege is being able to be a “stay at home mom” and not seem like a loser.
I can't even with this one.
18. Female privilege is arrogantly believing that sexism only applies to women.
This concludes the bulls*t from Thought Catalog. PS... we're women, not females.
What I Do, Job-wise: So. Much. Other than playing on-air every day (and on DO YOU HATE IT? Sunday nights), you might get an e-mail response from me if you write in asking to know the name of a song or whether we're looking for interns. I'm all over the place, like a ninja, but less stealthy.